Friday, January 13, 2017

The Rabbit Strikes Again

A little late for this, but needed to be reported. For the third year in a row, I managed to say "Rabbit Rabbit" upon waking up on the first day of the year. Over the past several years, I've come to see this as the ultimate controller of luck. This will be the fourth year that I've managed to do this in the last five, and the previous three were good ones, with luck showing up in strange and mysterious ways.  The traditional way that "Saying Rabbits" works is to say it every first of the month, but I only do it on the first of the year, which makes it extremely challenging, and especially potent. I give thanks to all the rabbit gods, those mysterious keepers of time, and wish you all the best of luck in the New Year.   (For More of My Thoughts on the Superstition, check here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment