Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Heights: New Review

This was one of those reviews that as an author, I read and was said to myself, "Yes, they got it." It was especially rewarding in that this publication is all about the audience. It's odd sometimes when I think that nearly all the major review publications dealing with YA novels (and children's books) are geared towards adults. I understand it...they are the gatekeepers, either as librarians, teachers, or parents. But it's nice when something targeted to the intended audience appreciates a book. 

I suppose that's also why kid's reviews of my children's books mean much more to me than an industry journal. I liked it because it made me laugh, A LOT by an 8 year old, is a better review in my mind than all the praise that major publication could heap upon a book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment