Friday, May 1, 2015

The Spreading of Wings


After several long months, the revisions of my newest novel have finally been completed. Finishing a third draft, which this essentially was, is never quite the same sense of jubilation that finishing a first draft is, but the sense of accomplishment, while not as enthusiastic, comes with a greater sense of satisfaction. The finished product feels more developed, more complete. 

It's not the last time I will be revising this story. It is off to my wonderful and insightful agent who will surely have more creative feedback. Then, if it's lucky enough to be picked up by someone, there will be more to do. It's hard to say for sure, but one thing I do know is that with each step the story comes nearer and nearer to the images that play out in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment