Thursday, October 9, 2014

Mirroring Possibilities


One of the amazing, and sometimes perplexing, aspects of writing a novel is the limitless possibilities which a story can present. I just finished revising the first half of a manuscript that I will now continue to write. Sometimes I find it helpful to take this break as it often allows me to see the story so-far in its entirety. Often I forget what stayed in a story, and what I'd written only to delete. Getting those things straight makes it easier to figure out where to go from there.

Then comes the task of making choices. Now that I have a nice list of things that need to be addressed in the rest of the story, I have to decide on a course of action to achieve those ends. The great thing about fiction is that there are a good number of ways to get from point A to point B. There is no right or wrong answer, which is also where the maddening aspects come in. Likely Mad Hatter Day has just passed us by and I'm ready for a little crazy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment