Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Your Friendly Neighborhood Spiders...


I'm not the biggest Marvel fan. I was never a comic book guy. I have not kept up with their cookie cutter blockbuster franchise...actually, I've only seen maybe three Marvel movies. It's just not my thing. But animated movies are my thing, and if they involve Spider-Man, that's even more so my thing. 

I'd been wanting to watch this movie even before it shocked everyone by winning Best Animated Feature at the Oscars this spring, and I finally got the chance to watch it last week. I was totally blown away by the sheer brilliance of this movie, both in its storytelling and in the animation. The story was complex and compelling, and best of all, kept you thinking even after the film ends. 

I loved the varied Spider-Men (and women) from the various dimensions and how they came together in the end. They each had their own quirks, but were unmistakably Spidey. It mixed edge-of-your-seat action with touching relationships and hilarious one-liners. Basically, it's the perfect Spider-Man movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment