Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Hello, Stranger


So, I'm super late on this train, but I recently began watching Stranger Things the past week. After finishing Series of Unfortunate Events, I finally decided to see what all the fuss was about. For years, people have been telling me to watch this show, that I'd love it, and I avoided it partially for that reason. I'm not sure why, but I really hate when people tell me that I'm going to love something. Subconsciously, I take that as a reason to avoid something. It's a disease, I know.

Now nearly through the first season, I can admit that I was wrong and I do actually love it. Everyone was right about that. I guess I should start trusting people more. What I love about it is what everyone loves about it. It's a perfect combination of 80's blockbusters. Strange things going on, smart kids being the only true believers. It's part Goonies, part E.T., part brat pack, part Aliens...and all fascinating.


No comments:

Post a Comment