Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Now Our Watch Has Ended...


The final episode of the most popular show on television aired this past Sunday, and unlike most people on the web, I can say that I found it to be a satisfying conclusion. I thought it wrapped up the storylines adequately, and I liked how it put the main Stark characters exactly where they wanted to be. In that way, I felt rewarded that there was some happiness to be found for these characters that had suffered so much.

Sure, there are bones to pick, people are going to have wished for more, but that's always the case whenever you invest so much time and passion in a story. The conclusion is bound to disappoint in some ways because your imagination has already written what you wanted. But a story must end, that's the horrible truth about stories. There has to be an end. 

The one thing that I can agree on with the haters is that the final episode felt a little anti-climatic, especially after the episode before. There wasn't a lot of action. There was a lot of talking, a lot of sitting around. What I would say to everyone is to think about the last two episodes as one episode. If you had watched them together, I don't think it would have felt that way. The final episode was all conclusion. Those two episodes feel as though they should have been one movie length episode, and I think had that been the case, people would've felt better about it. 

I enjoyed that it didn't end the way I'd predicted. I like that there was a twist, even though we can debate the way that twist was revealed and the satisfaction of it. But there was an evolution that came to this fictional world, and that is a positive thing, otherwise we went on this decade long journey for nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment