Friday, March 15, 2019

Going Somewhere...Maybe


A few weeks ago, I posted about a project I'd begun and my decision to change the perspective from first person to third and how refreshing that felt. Two weeks later, I'm still loving that choice and have continued to progress on the story in a way that I haven't in quite some time. 

In the past, I always put pressure on myself to write a certain amount either per day, or per sit down. As I try to break back into this world of story creation in a legitimate way, I've abandoned that approach. I don't want to set artificial goals that honestly are not important or really motivating. And though I've been keeping notes, I have not attempted to outline the story yet because I want to let it evolve more organically, as I used to do back in my early days. 

I feel good about this one...I feel like I'm enjoying the process for the first time in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment