Sunday, April 17, 2016

Record Store Day 2016 (An Edtion of Weekend Music Roundup)


So this year more than others, I was really looking forward to Record Store Day. It seemed as if there were more specific releases that I was looking for this year, where in past years, there really wasn't all that much that came out that I wanted, though I always made a point to visit a record store and buy more vinyl than I should. This year I purchased more than I probably ever should on one day and have since instituted a self-imposed ban on record shopping for the next several months. 

I was able to find most of the RSD releases that were on my list. Was lucky to score the Ol' Dirty Bastard and The Bevis Frond records, and shocked that anyone near here had the Manic Street Preachers record. But for me, the day is also about supporting the indie stores and not be too conservative about what I spend. 

There are now three indie record stores in my town, and I visited all three. In addition to the RSD hoopla, they were having other promotions. The one store had 25% off all used vinyl, another had 50% off all vintage vinyl, and the third moved a bunch of records into their $1 bin for the day. Needless to say, I went a little crazy.

 Above are my $1 records. The Dylan, Monkees and Hank were missing from the collection, and took a change on Eddie and Boz. Dead or Alive is new wave bliss.

 Some newer records for sale, and New York Dolls for $10! The Earth, Mars Volta, Arctic Monkeys and Broadcast records were great deals.


Lastly, some vintage vinyl that I couldn't resist.

Of course, reviews to come in future weeks, but for this weekend, I'm just going to be spinning wax and relaxing. Enjoy, and remember to always buckle up your vinyl.

No comments:

Post a Comment