Thursday, January 7, 2016

Four Decades and Counting....


I've never been one to make a big deal out of birthdays, but it's always interesting when you pass into another decade of life. Today I enter my fourth decade on this Earth, and I enter it with more optimism and inspiration than I think I've ever have. Despite the challenges the world faces, and the challenges that we all face as individuals, I feel wiser and stronger than ever before, which gives me a sense that all obstacles can be overcome with a little luck and hard work. Perhaps because of my past recklessness, the fact that I'm still here seems like an accomplishment and makes me believe that there are many more things left for me to accomplish. Time will tell...after all, the passing of time is the only thing that is guaranteed in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment