Monday, December 28, 2015

Live Music Roundup 2015


Traditionally, I've never been very high on Live albums, but this year makes me rethink that. There were a great number of live records released this year that were among my favorites. As a rule, I never include Live albums in my best of the year, but seeing as how there were many unforgettable ones, I decided to give them their own roundup. Here they are, in relative order. Enjoy.

The White Stripes - Under Amazonian Lights: The famed duo's brilliant archival Brazil concert.

Ryan Adams - Live at Carnegie Hall: Amazing two-night performance showcasing everything that is good about the singer songwriter.

Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros - Live in No Particular Order: Truly captures the sound of this band in ways that studio albums seem to fail to capture. 

The Legendary Pink Dots - Come Out From the Shadows 4 (Live 1993): The best of the many great archival live albums put out by the psychedelic greats this year. 

Placebo - MTv Unplugged: Like the best albums in the long running series, it presents a different unique sound of the under-appreciated band. 

The Rolling Stones - The Marquee Club Live in 1971: My favorite era of the band, and this set really sees them on top of their game. 

Dr. Dog - Live at a Flamingo Hotel: Spanning the Philly band's entire catalog, this live set reminded me what I've always loved about them. 

Belle and Sebastian - Live 2015: Fresh off their great new album, this home-coming set sees the band in joyous form.

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Live in Paris: After years of silence, this live record shows that the San Fran rockers are still as good as they've ever been.













No comments:

Post a Comment