Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The Call of the Wolf


Several years ago I outlined a project that went unfinished. Over the past few months I've found myself thinking about it again and this week I finally pulled out the sample chapters I'd written way back when and read through them. Though I didn't particularly care for the tone, or some of the character's mannerisms, I thought there was still quite a bit of potential in the project. 

Yesterday I began the process of re-imagining this story of a young boy who encounters a wolf on the night of a full moon, later to discover he's been cursed to become a werewolf. The story revolves around the conspiracy he and his best friend uncover in a town plagued by werewolves. There seems to be very few werewolf themed books geared toward 5th grade boys, who in my opinion are the prime audience for such tales. In the coming months I hope to finish a draft, working on it between working on a novel. It just feels like the right time for me to get moving...now I just hope I don't stall in process.

No comments:

Post a Comment