Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Story Hunting in Spring


This week I finished a manuscript that I've essentially been working on since November. It was something that I needed to get out of my system and now that it's out, I'm setting forth to write a book that in many ways is a story I've always wanted to tell but never knew the starting place until recently.

I found the beginning within a setting that came from three very different inspirations. Over the past year or so, I've been writing about the places under the bed or in the back of the closet, places of nightmares both great and small. The other day in those murky realms, I uncovered perhaps the best story of them all. Combined with parts of old story I've never been able tell, the idea came to me nearly fully-formed the other day.

The hunt has successfully yielded a target.

2 comments:

  1. Reading this, I was intrigued. Then after scrolling down, I realized you are the author of the only book that has ever really scared the crap out of me, Zombie Blondes (not sure why it scared me so much, but I was freaked for days). Knowing that, I expect great things from this new project from such a great author :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I have a good feeling about this story.

    ReplyDelete