Monday, November 16, 2020

The Joys of Parenting

 

Some of the greatest moments as a parent come when you get to share something you love with your child. Recently, I've been watching my favorite anime series, Cardcaptor Sakura with my daughter and she loves it. 

Of course I had the Clow Card book, sitting on a shelf in my office for years, that I took out. She has spent days studying the cards, reading the names, and making me act them out so that she can use her wand (she uses a stuffed giraffe) to capture them. I even had a stuffed Kero who now spends most nights in my daughter's bed alongside well-loved bunnies.

Sakura is such great character. It's important to me that my daughter sees strong girl characters in shows and books, characters that aren't simply made more masculine to make them powerful, but who strong because they are who they are. I'm so proud of the strong girl my daughter is and will continue to become.


No comments:

Post a Comment