Friday, May 20, 2016

Finding the Groove


A few weeks back, I posted about starting a new project, the first completely new project I've attempted in far too long. As expected, it took a bit of time to get back into the swing of things. The first chapter was a lot of feeling my way around, not only with the story and characters, but also with the style in which I wanted to present them. Time being a commodity that is hard to come by these days, that process took a while. 

This week I had a string of breakthroughs. It started with a solid day of being able to write, which quickly allowed the story to begin taking shape. Once that happened, I was able to piece together some notes I'd taken and actually outlined the next thirty pages or so. I'm determined not to fall into some of the same traps that have blocked me in the past, and so far, I think taking my time has aided in that quest. It feels good to feel productive once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment