Sunday, November 4, 2012

Weekend Music Roundup (Hurricane Edition 2)


It seems like every year now I'm going to be forced into one of these Hurricane edition posts. (See last August 28th's post for Irene). With the storm hitting us up here in the mountains, though not nearly to the devastating extent as it did the coast, or even with the same drenching wrath of Irene, the wind whipped up a frenzy of falling trees, leaving power lines laying on the ground. As a result, my music listening for the week was limited to the amount of precious battery life I was willing to drain from my iPod. So instead of album reviews, I leave you with a playlist recapping the events:



My thoughts before the strom, "Sandy, be a sweet girl to me..." The Triffids - Born Sandy Devotional




Childhood memories of the Jersey shore. Bruce Springsteen - Sandy (4th of July, Asbury Park)




Three days of no power - The Ponys - Turn the Lights Out




My thoughts after being reconnected and seeing my old home town. Paloma - New York






No comments:

Post a Comment