Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Powers That Be


I write about fate a lot in my books . . about the idea that there are other powers at work than just own choices that we make . . but often the choices we make influence the direction in which those outside forces pull us. I believe in these sorts of things and hence, so do most of my characters.

I believe in luck. 
I believe in making wishes.
I believe in karmic sense to the universe. 
I believe in jinxes and curses.

Why am I talking about all this? Well recently, I've had a string of bad luck and it's had me thinking about all the intricate ways this idea weaves its way through my life. Now, I'm not complaining. The balance between my good fortunes and misfortunes is still tipped in a favorable way. And after all, it is an odd numbered year, which have always been worse for me for some reason. So I don't mean to whine, I just think this idea of streaks is interesting. In my opinion, streaks like this are what prove that there is more than just coincidence in the world.

Here's to hoping this post will put an electronic hex on my jinx . . where my days have resembled the top picture of late, may they now be more representative of the bottom.




1 comment:

  1. Hello! I hope you overcame your jinx! I've been trying to locate an email to invite you to participate in Zombie Appreciation Week (Aug 29-Sep6), but cannot find one. Let me know! Thanks

    cecilia

    ReplyDelete