Friday, August 14, 2009

The Path To Chose


Over the last few days, I've been working out the storyline for the new novel I'm working on. I collected the thousands of bits and pieces scattered throughout my various notebooks. I made my typical circle outline where I draw pictures, jot down facts pertaining to each element, and then connect them lines that hold thoughts on inter-relations. So essentially, everything is set. The characters, the setting, the bigger story...everything except the one questions that always comes up: Do I want this to be a happy story or a sad story?


In the end, I'm never sure why I ask myself the question. It seems I always settle on the same answer. I always shoot for my own brand of what I refer to as happysad. Surprise...it seems I settled on that once again. I guess in my mind, it's the best place to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment