Tuesday, June 30, 2020

True Detective




As my schedule continues the seemingly unending disruption of COVID, my available television streaming series continue to dwindle. Having nearly exhausted Netflix, me and the Missus moved over to HBO and found that we missed the new season of True Detective. I admit to being a little tentative, because I loved the first season, but found the second season lacking. I'm glad to report that the third season is fantastic.

Mahershala Ali is brilliant in the lead role, and Stephen Dorff is awesome as his partner, as they work together on a case over the course of decades. On two separate occasions, the powers that be tried to make the case of a missing child go away. But new details continue to emerge, and the original detectives keep getting pulled into a mystery that has defined their entire lives.

A remarkably acted and scripted drama that cleverly reveals justified surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment