Friday, February 22, 2019

Change of Perspective


About two weeks ago, I began a new project that I'm pretty excited about. Over the past few years, I've had some trouble keeping momentum on a writing project. This was largely due to scholarly obligations, which ended this past September. Over the course of the fall, I tried to pick up manuscripts I'd begun while working on my Master's degree, but I've always found it hard to get back into something that was an idea once upon a time. 

I had a new idea recently, and it excited me. I started working on it, and it was going well, but it was still a struggle. I found myself writing the same character I'd written before, and that was dampening my momentum. Then I had the idea to try it over in third person rather than first person. (Cue light bulb over my head)

Instantly I found writing to be FUN again. I think because I haven't written a ton in third person, there was something new in it. New ways of expression. New perspectives. New momentum!

No comments:

Post a Comment