Saturday, March 14, 2015

The Beauty of Creepiness

As I continue to plunge into the revisions of my manuscript and mine the depths of my imagination for the weird, bizarre, and terrifying elements that are to make up most of the added pages, I've been conscious of finding the beauty in these things. I've always tried to present everything in my stories with an element of beauty, even if it's merely in the language used to describe it. Whether it's heartbreaking sadness, haunting terror, or paralyzing awkwardness, I try to show these emotions in a way that is touching and impactful. This story has allowed me to push the limits of this technique and develop my writing in ways that I never would have thought possible ten years ago. When I'm done, this may very well be my masterpiece...only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment