Friday, May 15, 2020

Midwestern Chaos


As the world continues to stay closed, I've recently moved onto to my next streaming obsession, the Netflix original series Ozark. Having been unfamiliar with this show before, I started hearing a lot of people talking about it, and I love Jason Bateman, so...why not. 

The premise revolves around Marty Byrde, a Chicago investor who has been smoothly laundering lots of money for a drug cartel for a decade, when suddenly the whole operation is thrown into chaos. On the run, desperate, and forced to start over in the worst of circumstances, Marty uproots his family and moves them the Ozarks for a life or death gamble. 

I think the obvious comparison is with Breaking Bad. This show is just as intense, features similarly likable anti-heroes, and a near perfect level of anxiousness. The best part about finding a show that has been on for awhile is not having to wait between seasons. I'm hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment