Friday, April 27, 2018

Eight Spinning Planets


Eight Spinning Planets is a  book that I wrote several years ago and one that I'll admit that I've thought little about since I wrote it. Not that I'm not proud of it, I think it's a very fun and informative book for young children, but I simply sort of forgot about it. 

Recently I've spent a lot of time thinking about it. It just so happens that my daughter LOVES this book and has me read it to her frequently of late. It's the first book of mine that I've been able to share with her, along with Easter Bunny's On His Way (which she also loves). It's been really special to share this book with her, and has created a new sense of self-appreciation for work that I've done. 

Another way this book has crept into my consciousness has to do with me logging into my Twitter account a few months for the first time in years. There I found a message from a teacher who shared this video. I've been so involved with other aspects of my life over the past couple of years that it's been easy for me to forget that I ever wrote anything of impact. It feels good to be reminded otherwise.



No comments:

Post a Comment