Friday, December 15, 2017

Fiction Friday (67)


As the year winds down, I'm continuing my recap of recent books read. As I mentioned last week, there are a bunch of graphic novels prepared for upcoming weeks as I chose the genre for my focus during the final project for the course that has been providing me with material for the Fiction Friday segment this Fall. This week I look at a fun and somewhat silly book that I enjoyed. I hope you enjoy it too.

Princess Decomposia and Count Spatula by Andi Watson
(First Second, 2015)

-->
Is romance dead? Well, if you're the princess of the Underworld, then technically yes, it is dead. But is it as difficult as it can be for the living? When Princess Decomposia has to hire a new royal chef for the many diplomatic banquets she is hosting in the castle, she is introduced to Count Spatula, a vampire with gourmet taste and a gift for baking. But his treats aren't the only thing about the Count that the Princess finds extra sweet. For her entire life, nobody has treated her like a person rather than a princess, that is, nobody before the Count. But will her father, the laziest king in the Underworld, approve of a romance between his daughter and a vampire cook? Will he banish the Count from the castle forever? Or is it true that nothing can stand in the way of love?


This lighthearted story is told in comic strip panels with quirky illustrations that match the quirky story nicely. This was a quick read, and entertaining, though like the Count's deserts, it's very sugary and doesn't stay with you for very long.

No comments:

Post a Comment