Tuesday, November 8, 2016

VOTE!



In my opinion, there is absolutely NO excuse for not voting. Since my 18th birthday, I have never missed a vote. It's not because I've been enthusiastic about every one I've ever voted for, but I'm passionate about using my voice in having a say in the direction of our country. 

I'm hearing a lot of people say that they aren't voting this year because they don't like either of our choices for president. With two flawed candidates, that's understandable, but there are others running for the office. You can vote for a Third Party if you don't like Trump or Clinton. BUT THERE ARE OTHER offices at stake than just the President. Your Congressman is also up for election. Many of you have Senators up for election. You're state assemblymen and state senators. Local officials and propositions. All of these people make decisions that directly impact your life whether you see it or not. 

It is every American's civic responsibility to vote. If you don't use it, you can't complain about what happens, even if that means we lose the right to vote. If that happens, those of you who didn't vote will have to hold some of the blame. No excuses...VOTE!

No comments:

Post a Comment