Sunday, May 26, 2013

The Lost Art of Lost Art



This past week, I've spent a lot of time painting, something I haven't done in quite a while. For many years, it was part of my routine. I always believed that one creative outlet fed another like a conjoined parasite. An image I drew would become inspiration for a scene I would write, and an image I wrote would become the seed of something to paint. I lived in that circle quite contently for a long time, but eventually the demands of one outweighed the time left for another. 

After this week, I realize again how important the connection is between them. If for no other reason, it allows the imagination to work in a different way, to pull free from the tracks that keep it running on a straight course and take it for a scenic loop. Sometimes detours are the best route to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment