Sunday, December 11, 2011

Weekend Music Roundup - SONGS OF THE YEAR


It's been a crazy week. I can't believe I don't write a single post, I think that's the first time that has happened since I started this little space a few years ago. Nothing terribly dramatic occurred. I wasn't in a car accident or anything so spectacular as that. It was just a combination of varying annoyances that added up to having little time and even less to say. But that will change this week. I already have some things planned. But as a way of hopefully making up for it, I've decided to reveal my favorite songs of the year. These are songs that stood out and kept getting played throughout the year. They are not in any particular order, except for maybe the first on the list, which is easily my favorite song of the year. If you click on the song title, it should take you to a place where you can hear it. Enjoy.


Manchester Orchestra - Simple Math

The Rural Alberta Advantage - North Star

Tom Waits - Hell Broke Luce

Beady Eye - The Roller

Okkervil River - The Valley

Red Hot Chili Peppers - The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie

Arctic Monkeys - Piledriver Waltz

Low - Witches


The Rapture - Miss You

Jean Grae - Uh Oh

The Bevis Frond - You'll Come

Sivert Hoyem - Warm Inside

The Decemberists - Row Jimmy & Burying Davy


No comments:

Post a Comment