Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Life is But a Dream (Advanced Reader's Copy)


Late last week, I received a few of the first ARCs for my new novel Life is but a Dream (due out next March). In some ways, this is always a little more exciting than when the actual finished book arrives because this is the first time I get to see the words on a page that wasn't spit out by my computer. Maybe it's just me, but words read different from a book. I suppose that's why I could never see myself reading an e-book.

Typically by the time a book gets to this stage, I've read it about twenty times in various stages. I've mentioned before that by the last pass which comes through my way, I can barely stand to look at the book. If you read anything that many times, it will inevitably sound horrible. But seeing the story printed in a book, with different font and different layout has a way of allowing me to look at it with fresh eyes. I spent part of Friday flipping through it and was really happy with every scene I wrote. Honestly, I think this is easily the best book I've written (so far).

A few things to note, mainly that is not the cover that will be appearing on finished books. The cover will be similar but there were some issues about rights when it came to using the photo. When the final cover is finished, I'll be sure to share it.

Also, I will be giving one of these away in a contest...as soon as I figure out how exactly I want to do that. Details will be posted once I have them. (In the meantime, if you're a book review blogger and would like a review copy, let me know and I can put you in touch with the right people.)

4 comments:

  1. Congrats, Brian!! I look forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very exciting. I'd love the opportunity to review your book on my blog. I just emailed you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay!
    *me raising hand for review copy contact*

    ReplyDelete